Slice Of Life

Slice Of Life, is a Weblog (BLOG) that I write, in which I try to tell some sort of story about something, or someone in my life. Sometimes it's happy, sometimes not, sometimes informative, sometimes...... HA, gotcha, did ya think that I was going to say not? Don't know me very well, do ya? :=) I will try to update the BLOG from time to time, whenever I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

My personality is outgoing, I use to be a wallflower, until I realized that it was all the outgoing people that were having the most fun. It was a tough conversion, but nobody I know today would even remotely consider me to be a wallflower. Basically, when I was young, my parents taught me that if you work hard, you can accomplish anything. I haven't quite found the "anything" part to be always true, but it has inspired me to always try to do, and be, my best.

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

The Birds Told Me, That's How I Know

So, Winter is over, and Spring is here. How do I know? The Birds told me…… Sort of. Ya see, one of the things that I happened to notice after moving here to "The Valley Of The Sun" a decade ago, is that this city appears to sit almost directly under multiple west coast North/South bird migration routes. Like most "travelers" through the area, Phoenix appears to be a convenient place to stop. If you look closely at the right time of year, for several weeks, there are a multitude of "V" formation bird groups in the sky's around here, and occasionally you can come upon groupings of trees in the local parks with what seems to be thousands of resting birds concentrated in a small area, usually near a water source. I started seeing them in the sky this year, late last week. You can tell it's not local birds, because they fly in those "Long Distance" V Formations, and at this time of year, their flight directions seem to always be generally either North, or Northeast. So, if birds" fly south for the winter", it only makes logical sense to assume that they would also "fly back north for the summer". So, I care not what the Weather Channel, or the Almanacs, or the TV Weather people say, Winter is gone, and Spring is here……. I have it on very good authority. :-)

P.S. - Hey…...Lay off those "That SOL Story Is For The Birds"….. Jokes you're making….. I know you are :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Datanet
My Datanet