Slice Of Life

Slice Of Life, is a Weblog (BLOG) that I write, in which I try to tell some sort of story about something, or someone in my life. Sometimes it's happy, sometimes not, sometimes informative, sometimes...... HA, gotcha, did ya think that I was going to say not? Don't know me very well, do ya? :=) I will try to update the BLOG from time to time, whenever I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

My personality is outgoing, I use to be a wallflower, until I realized that it was all the outgoing people that were having the most fun. It was a tough conversion, but nobody I know today would even remotely consider me to be a wallflower. Basically, when I was young, my parents taught me that if you work hard, you can accomplish anything. I haven't quite found the "anything" part to be always true, but it has inspired me to always try to do, and be, my best.

Thursday, March 18, 2004

My JAG's 1 Year Anniversary

Did you know it's my anniversary this week? Yup, 1 year ago this week, I bought the new car. OK, to most people, that's not an anniversary, but I'm different….. If you haven't figured that out already. The reason it was memorable, was because I was previously driving that other car around for 11 years, and this was the first time in my life where I bought a new car, when I didn't really need one. There was nothing wrong with the Grand Am, besides the fact that it was 11 years old, and also this time, for the first time, I bought a car not because it was practical, or because I needed it, I bought it simply because….. I wanted it. Now, buying a Jag X-Type, can't usually be considered 'practical', but I still did manage to throw a little practicality into it by buying one of the 5 "loaner cars" they had on the lot. It was the 2002 model, and already had 8K on it, but they gave me the full 4 yr/50K mi new car warranty, and knocked 12,600 off the MSRP. OK, nobody pays MSRP, but you don't usually get 12 grand knocked off of it either. I took it in today for it's Free 20K service, and they gave me a 2004 X-Type as a loaner. Not as nice as mine, of course. No Sunroof, No Premium Sound, and it's painted a color that can only be called Puke Blue, but I'm trying to "bear up" under the "suffering". When I look back 1 year, I'm still happy I bought mine, and I guess I can sum it up best by my response to my friend when she mentioned that "You just bought this car to snub your nose at people driving cheaper cars, and to attract women". My response……. "Yeah, what's your point"? :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Datanet
My Datanet