Slice Of Life

Slice Of Life, is a Weblog (BLOG) that I write, in which I try to tell some sort of story about something, or someone in my life. Sometimes it's happy, sometimes not, sometimes informative, sometimes...... HA, gotcha, did ya think that I was going to say not? Don't know me very well, do ya? :=) I will try to update the BLOG from time to time, whenever I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

My personality is outgoing, I use to be a wallflower, until I realized that it was all the outgoing people that were having the most fun. It was a tough conversion, but nobody I know today would even remotely consider me to be a wallflower. Basically, when I was young, my parents taught me that if you work hard, you can accomplish anything. I haven't quite found the "anything" part to be always true, but it has inspired me to always try to do, and be, my best.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Random Thoughts On The Holidays

  • Recently, I saw a well known conservative commentator, bitching about people, and businesses going to the politically correct “Happy Holidays”, and how changing the term from “Merry Christmas” was some Liberal plot to take over the world. I guess it would have been more believable, if his own website at that moment, didn’t wish everyone “A Happy Holiday”. Actually, I don’t care what people “Wish me”, I just want them to do it.

  • Did you get all your shopping done yet? Me neither. I’m one of those people you see running around the mall like a lunatic, on Dec 24, and half the time, I’m wrapping someone’s present about 5-10 minutes before they open it. I can’t help it. Every year, “It’s gonna be different”. It never is. Hey….. Doesn’t that make it almost….. a tradition?

  • I put up my lights last weekend. It was a happy moment, and a sad one too. Sad, because Dad use to help me do it, and of course now he can’t, and happy, because the new neighbors, Erika and Steve, rang my doorbell, and gave me a cookie plate “Just because your house shows that you have the Christmas spirit”. I think it does, too.

  • I bought a “Doggie Stocking” at the PetSmart store for Julie Dog. It's pre-filled with doggie toys and treats.What? Don’t you get your pet a Christmas present? No? Shame on you. Julie loves it.

  • Oh man, if you want to see a cool audio/visual light show, check this out: http://members.cox.net/transam57/lights.wmv and the story behind it: http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp Cool, huh?

  • You know the Christmas Spirit is alive and well, when you hear some anonymous voice over to the left in your cubicle area sing “Deck The Halls With boughs of holly”, and the “Fa La La La La, La La La La” comes from somewhere over on the right.

  • I’m not able to go back east this Christmas. Don’t worry, I also happen to have what I call “My West Coast family”, because that’s how they treat me.

  • I’lllllll Beee Hooooooome for Chriiiiiiiistmaaaaaaaas, If Ooooooonnnnnnllllly innnnnnn myyyyyyyyyyyyyy Dreeeeeeeeeams. Sigh, I guess I sort of, just felt like singing that :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Datanet
My Datanet