Slice Of Life

Slice Of Life, is a Weblog (BLOG) that I write, in which I try to tell some sort of story about something, or someone in my life. Sometimes it's happy, sometimes not, sometimes informative, sometimes...... HA, gotcha, did ya think that I was going to say not? Don't know me very well, do ya? :=) I will try to update the BLOG from time to time, whenever I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

My personality is outgoing, I use to be a wallflower, until I realized that it was all the outgoing people that were having the most fun. It was a tough conversion, but nobody I know today would even remotely consider me to be a wallflower. Basically, when I was young, my parents taught me that if you work hard, you can accomplish anything. I haven't quite found the "anything" part to be always true, but it has inspired me to always try to do, and be, my best.

Friday, March 26, 2004

Spring Training

The entire Process Engineering Department went to a Spring Training Game on Wednesday Afternoon this week, at the California Angels Spring Training Facility in Tempe. Coincidentally, there were 2 other intel groups there too, so instead of calling it Tempe Diablo Stadium, maybe we should have called it Arizona intel Campus - Tempe. In any case, the weather was beautiful, the beer was cold, and it always makes an even a little sweeter when the thought crosses your mind that everyone else at that time is still working. The game even managed to be exciting at the end, with the Chicago Cubs tying the score up in the 8th inning, and the Angels winning it on a bases loaded hit in the bottom of the ninth. I love being in Az during this timeframe, when most of the rest of the country is still trying to shrug off winter, we have to be concerned with applying sunscreen, so we don't sunburn, and hanging out with the co-workers often shows a side of them you never see at work. Several people took pictures, and I happened to appear in several, and everyone seemed to have a great time. Of course, in the scheme of professional baseball, Spring Training doesn't really count for anything….. Unless you happen to be viewing it during work time that is…….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Datanet
My Datanet