Slice Of Life

Slice Of Life, is a Weblog (BLOG) that I write, in which I try to tell some sort of story about something, or someone in my life. Sometimes it's happy, sometimes not, sometimes informative, sometimes...... HA, gotcha, did ya think that I was going to say not? Don't know me very well, do ya? :=) I will try to update the BLOG from time to time, whenever I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

My personality is outgoing, I use to be a wallflower, until I realized that it was all the outgoing people that were having the most fun. It was a tough conversion, but nobody I know today would even remotely consider me to be a wallflower. Basically, when I was young, my parents taught me that if you work hard, you can accomplish anything. I haven't quite found the "anything" part to be always true, but it has inspired me to always try to do, and be, my best.

Friday, January 08, 2010

Tom The Plumber

Hey SOL Fans, long time no see! Yeah, I know you missed me. I haven't blogged for almost a year, my apologies. I'm definitely going to try and be more conscientious from now on.

The reason for the title "Tom The Plumber", is because for the last couple of months, I've been replacing all the irrigation dribbler line in my front yard. For those unaware, here in Arizona, the bushes in the front yard each have a little dribbler line for watering. It waters just around the base of the plant, and so it saves water.

The problem, is that the standard irrigation line feeding the dribbles is this cheap flexible black plastic line. Eventually, it ages and cracks and then leaks all over the yard. I had this brilliant idea to replace it all with thick wall hard Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) plastic pipe. It's thick plastic, hard to work with, but it lasts forever.

Anyway, to make a long story short (HA), I replaced all the front yard with PVC, but I've been hesitant to run it to the water valves, because the line goes under the wall surrounding the yard, which involves ALLOT of digging. Until Today...

This morning, I went outside, and discovered the street flooding from a stream of water coming from under..... you guessed it, the wall. The additional problem is, that my storage shed is directly on top of those lines. So today, I emptied out the shed, and moved it, got out my shovels, and dig dig dig dig dig.... dig dig dig ( sigh) and FINALLY, uncovered the cracked tube. At this point, I though "Why not go ahead and replace the whole thing with PVC"? Brilliant Right..... RIGHT?

Nope, that's when I hit the main PVC pipe input feed to the valves with my shovel. You know, the line that's tapped off of the main house water pressure? WOW! you should have seen the geyser of water that shot up into the air! 12-15 feet, AT LEAST! I tell ya, Yosemite had nothing on me! By the time I got the valve shut off, everything was soaked. I can't dig anymore in the mud..... actually, I don't want to, and frankly, I'm tired of working on it today. So, I guess I'll just have to leave it for tomorrow. One question does come to mind though.....

I wonder how much it would cost to pay someone to finish this? :-)

P.S. - If you want to see the pictures, I posted them on my facebook page. You can friend me, by using my email address tom7259@yahoo.com Just mention Tom The Plumber, and I'll know :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Datanet
My Datanet