Slice Of Life

Slice Of Life, is a Weblog (BLOG) that I write, in which I try to tell some sort of story about something, or someone in my life. Sometimes it's happy, sometimes not, sometimes informative, sometimes...... HA, gotcha, did ya think that I was going to say not? Don't know me very well, do ya? :=) I will try to update the BLOG from time to time, whenever I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

My personality is outgoing, I use to be a wallflower, until I realized that it was all the outgoing people that were having the most fun. It was a tough conversion, but nobody I know today would even remotely consider me to be a wallflower. Basically, when I was young, my parents taught me that if you work hard, you can accomplish anything. I haven't quite found the "anything" part to be always true, but it has inspired me to always try to do, and be, my best.

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Give e A Freekin Break..... Please

Whew….. SOL time off, boy did I need that. First, Thanks so much for all your nice notes and comments when Slice Of Life went off-line. I really, really, really appreciated it. Now….. On the other hand….. I wanted to take this first SOL return message to tell you why I needed a sabbatical. That's why I complimented you first. Some may be….. disappointed at the rest. First….. Let me tell you, I LOVE doing SOL, it feeds my creative/artistic bent, not to mention, my Ego, what with everyone telling me so often, how great it is, who wouldn't like that? I sometimes even feel like I've achieved a sort of small fame. What I've learned though, is that there is a dark side to fame. In the last few years, the SOL fan base has exploded geometrically. SOL is reforwarded so many times, I'm not even sure how many people read it. It's become so popular, that I even began to feel a certain "pressure to perform". SOL to be honest, is not at the top of my "Life Priority List", but if I was having a busy week, or an off week, or didn't deliver SOL at all, I was bombarded with dozens of messages in multiple media's probing into "What's Wrong" with me, when actually, nothing's "wrong". I know it's genuine concern, but "geometrically", it's overwhelming. I occasionally even received a few critical e-mails, concerning how I "let these people down", because they didn't get their SOL, or it wasn't "good enough" that week….. Geeeeez, who could be, or would want to be, creative in that atmosphere? Like I said, I KNOW it's all out of concern, or just joking, but please….. Do me a favor….. In the future, If I'm having a week where I'm up to my arse in alligators and can't think of anything else, or for whatever reason I don't deliver SOL to someone's perceived expectations….. Cut me some slack….. OK? Thanks. :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Datanet
My Datanet