Slice Of Life

Slice Of Life, is a Weblog (BLOG) that I write, in which I try to tell some sort of story about something, or someone in my life. Sometimes it's happy, sometimes not, sometimes informative, sometimes...... HA, gotcha, did ya think that I was going to say not? Don't know me very well, do ya? :=) I will try to update the BLOG from time to time, whenever I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

My personality is outgoing, I use to be a wallflower, until I realized that it was all the outgoing people that were having the most fun. It was a tough conversion, but nobody I know today would even remotely consider me to be a wallflower. Basically, when I was young, my parents taught me that if you work hard, you can accomplish anything. I haven't quite found the "anything" part to be always true, but it has inspired me to always try to do, and be, my best.

Monday, June 21, 2004

Slice Of Life..... In The Beginning

So, some Slice Of Life fans have asked me recently "How did SOL start"? So, way back, when I first got into Engineering atmy company, I was a member of a company culture group call The Latino Network. One of the things the group was sponsoring, was a "D-League" (fun league) softball team. The thing is, our so called "team"…… was awful. I don't mean bad….. I mean Real Bad. We were so bad (how bad were you), that what we did might not actually be described as 'playing softball". So bad, that a children's T-Ball team would have beaten us. So bad….. That "Charlie Brown's Team" would have kicked or butts. It was comical. Several of my co-workers would ask how the game went, so over coffee in the café, I told these little "softball stories". After repeating the same story, over, and over, and over again, I just started putting a little blurb at the bottom of my weekly. After the season was over (record of 0-11 by the way), I stopped doing it, and I got so many notes about 'What happened to those cool stories", that I started to tell stories about other things that were happening around me, that struck me as amusing, and SOL was born. I'm not even sure where the name originally came from, but there it is. So, without further adu, I present, the "Original" Slice Of Life It's not much, and I hadn't yet seen our team's "potential", despite our first games score, but it is the original SOL. BTW, the Weekly Report was dated 01/29/98 :-)


Employee Support Groups
-----------------------
* Formed our Softball Team, and had our first
game, against Chandler Christian Church. Final Score: CCC=18 ILN=6.
ILN Record: 0-1. My Batting Avg: .667

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Datanet
My Datanet