Slice Of Life

Slice Of Life, is a Weblog (BLOG) that I write, in which I try to tell some sort of story about something, or someone in my life. Sometimes it's happy, sometimes not, sometimes informative, sometimes...... HA, gotcha, did ya think that I was going to say not? Don't know me very well, do ya? :=) I will try to update the BLOG from time to time, whenever I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

My personality is outgoing, I use to be a wallflower, until I realized that it was all the outgoing people that were having the most fun. It was a tough conversion, but nobody I know today would even remotely consider me to be a wallflower. Basically, when I was young, my parents taught me that if you work hard, you can accomplish anything. I haven't quite found the "anything" part to be always true, but it has inspired me to always try to do, and be, my best.

Thursday, March 01, 2012

You Can't Always Get What You Want -- But You Get What You Need.

My friend is leaving this Saturday. And I thought it was going to be no big deal, but actually, I'm pretty much crushed. See, I don't want her to go.

She's not from around here, far from it. It's actually the third time she's come here. The first time was no big deal, I barely had any contact with her. The second and this third time has been different. I've gotten to know her, and dare I say, even care for her.

Despite that, I knew it wasn't going to work out, and after awhile I came to realize that someday it was going to come to this point, and it was going to crush me, I still couldn't stop myself. It felt like I was standing on a train track, and could see the train coming. Although i knew the result would be bad for me, I just couldn't get off the track.

The good times were filled with showing her new experiences. Things she never had the opportunity, time, or maybe someone to show her. I think I made a difference in her life, and I know for sure she made a difference in mine. She may come back again, but the worst part, is she may not. She may be gone forever, and I'm certainly not looking forward to that conclusion.

It's probably for the best. There are just way too many things in the way anyway. Some say that if it doesn't happen, then it wasn't meant to be. Maybe so, but I just wish sometimes that "It wasn't meant to be" wouldn't just always freaking keep happening to me.

There's an old line from a song..... "You Can't Always get What You Want, But If You Try Sometimes You Just Might Find, You Get What You Need.

Maybe so, but at the moment, I'm thinking that "Getting What I Need"..... Really Sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Datanet
My Datanet