Slice Of Life

Slice Of Life, is a Weblog (BLOG) that I write, in which I try to tell some sort of story about something, or someone in my life. Sometimes it's happy, sometimes not, sometimes informative, sometimes...... HA, gotcha, did ya think that I was going to say not? Don't know me very well, do ya? :=) I will try to update the BLOG from time to time, whenever I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

My personality is outgoing, I use to be a wallflower, until I realized that it was all the outgoing people that were having the most fun. It was a tough conversion, but nobody I know today would even remotely consider me to be a wallflower. Basically, when I was young, my parents taught me that if you work hard, you can accomplish anything. I haven't quite found the "anything" part to be always true, but it has inspired me to always try to do, and be, my best.

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

I performed a Random Act Of Kindness today, but that's not what makes it a story. What does, is the fact that the recipient was..... a fish.

See, spur of the moment, I decided to do a little fishing at Queen Creek Park. It's where I've had most of my success. Anyway, I'm there a short time, and another fisherman comes over to offer me a trout that he didn't want. It wasn't very big, but I accepted it, and put it on my leader, and plopped it back in the lake to keep it fresh.
Then, I thought about something. What would have happened to the fish if I had declined? There's a good chance it would have been thrown back, and been free..... if it wasn't for me. I also had to ask myself, did I really want a fish that I didn't catch myself? Am I really that hard up for attention? The answer to both of course is no.

Right then, I noticed the leader line moving around in the water. Turns out, the fish was still alive and aggressively swimming around! This is a bit unusual, because a fish on a leader usually suffocates fairly quickly when they can't move water over their gills, but not this fish. 30 minutes later, and this fish is not only not dead, but it's still trying to get away. So, I did the only thing I could possibly do.......

I let the fish go. And you know what? I'm OK with that. Will that fish inevitable be caught, and become someone else's dinner? Maybe so..... But not today. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Datanet
My Datanet