Slice Of Life

Slice Of Life, is a Weblog (BLOG) that I write, in which I try to tell some sort of story about something, or someone in my life. Sometimes it's happy, sometimes not, sometimes informative, sometimes...... HA, gotcha, did ya think that I was going to say not? Don't know me very well, do ya? :=) I will try to update the BLOG from time to time, whenever I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

My personality is outgoing, I use to be a wallflower, until I realized that it was all the outgoing people that were having the most fun. It was a tough conversion, but nobody I know today would even remotely consider me to be a wallflower. Basically, when I was young, my parents taught me that if you work hard, you can accomplish anything. I haven't quite found the "anything" part to be always true, but it has inspired me to always try to do, and be, my best.

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

My Dog Max Has A Rough Week

Poor Poor MaxDog. He was sick last week. I noticed that in the morning that he seemed to have an excessive mucous discharge from his eyes. Now everybody gets "sandman", but this was much much worse. When I looked closely at his eyes, I noticed that in the outside corners, the skin was splitting, and there even seemed to be some dried blood (sob). So naturally, I took him to the Vet right away. I sometimes wish I got as good medical care as these 2 dogs get. Of course I don't have some really kind, wonderful, generous, and not to mention good looking, person taking care of me :-) The vet thought it unusual, because Springer Spaniels don't normally suffer from eye problems. She used some sort of "eye stain", which determined that it was not some internal illness, but more likely some sort of eye infection, or irritation. I think I know what happened. I take these guys for walks late at night on the weekends. Since we just go to the neighborhood greenbelt area 2 blocks away, and it's so late when we go, that I don't leash them on the way. They run around, here and there, sticking their noses into everything. The vet (and I ) believe that Max stuck his nose into something that he is either allergic to, or just something that got into his eyes. In any case, the Vet gave me some doggie eye drops for him, and it cleared up :-) One funny note, I detected a certain jealousy in JulieDog, since MaxDog was getting something (The eye drops) that she wasn't getting, so I rinsed out, and filled up an old "Visine" bottle that was almost empty, with water, and then JulieDog could receive "eye drops" too. Peace was then restored in the household. Sigh, they're just like children sometimes, but I love them anyway :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Datanet
My Datanet