Slice Of Life

Slice Of Life, is a Weblog (BLOG) that I write, in which I try to tell some sort of story about something, or someone in my life. Sometimes it's happy, sometimes not, sometimes informative, sometimes...... HA, gotcha, did ya think that I was going to say not? Don't know me very well, do ya? :=) I will try to update the BLOG from time to time, whenever I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

My personality is outgoing, I use to be a wallflower, until I realized that it was all the outgoing people that were having the most fun. It was a tough conversion, but nobody I know today would even remotely consider me to be a wallflower. Basically, when I was young, my parents taught me that if you work hard, you can accomplish anything. I haven't quite found the "anything" part to be always true, but it has inspired me to always try to do, and be, my best.

Thursday, August 12, 2004

My Car Is Schizo

I found out something interesting this week about my car. It's..... Schizophrenic. Yup, Dual Personality, Yin/Yang, The Big Brain Split, whatever you want to call it. It's got it. How do I know? It told me. No, I'm not hearing voices, it told me using the 2 line computer display on the speedometer. Usually, it displays the car's computer information, with messages like: Cruise Control On, Gas Mileage, Miles To Empty, Drivers Door Open, Hood Open, Trunk Open, you know, stuff like that. That is..... Until this week. See, last week, my car battery died. At 2.5 years, it held up pretty well under the Arizona "Cook your car battery" temperatures. It took me awhile to get it out, bring it over to Checker Auto for the trade in, and reinstall the new one. By then, the computers memory was wiped. Radio stations gone.... Etc. But something else happened. The cars display no longer speaks to me in English, it speaks..... British! Yup, Yup, I kid you not. How do I know? Isn't British and English the same? Nope. Now, the display does not tell me "Trunk Open", it says.... "Boot Open", and it no longer says "Hood Open", it says.... You Brit fans guessed it.... "Bonnet Open". Thank goodness it still displays the distance in miles, not Kilometers. So.... I guess that my car is no longer "An American", it's "A Britain", and you know what? I think I'm leaving it like that. It's kind of cool, and gives it a certain panache' to the car, don't you think? In any case, I now have an answer for those people who keep trying to insist "It's A Ford". It may sort of look like a ford on the outside, in the rear end, but what I discovered last weekend, is that in it's Heart And Soul.... It's really a JAG :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Datanet
My Datanet