Slice Of Life

Slice Of Life, is a Weblog (BLOG) that I write, in which I try to tell some sort of story about something, or someone in my life. Sometimes it's happy, sometimes not, sometimes informative, sometimes...... HA, gotcha, did ya think that I was going to say not? Don't know me very well, do ya? :=) I will try to update the BLOG from time to time, whenever I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

My personality is outgoing, I use to be a wallflower, until I realized that it was all the outgoing people that were having the most fun. It was a tough conversion, but nobody I know today would even remotely consider me to be a wallflower. Basically, when I was young, my parents taught me that if you work hard, you can accomplish anything. I haven't quite found the "anything" part to be always true, but it has inspired me to always try to do, and be, my best.

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Thoughts On An Arizona Summer

  • Did you ever notice that most Az Motorcycle parking is made from concrete? It's because asphalt melts in the heat, the kickstands sink, and the bike falls over.
  • You can always tell the Arizona newbies. How? They don't have tinted car windows, nor a windshield sunscreen.
  • Another way to tell? They're the one's walking along the sidewalk in the sun, instead of the shade.
  • This is probably one of the few places on earth, where, in the summer you'll see long haired dogs...... Shaved. I almost didn't recognize mine at the groomers.
  • Around here, no matter where you drive, the most desirable parking spaces are not the ones closest to the door, it's the ones under the trees.
  • Most Arizonans understand why Hawaiian shirts are so popular in Hawaii. It's not the colors, it's the loose (cool) fit. They're very popular here too.
  • This is one of the few places I've seen where the Real Estate ads note the orientation of the house, as a selling point. North/South is cooler then East/West.
  • You can't really fry an egg on the sidewalk here in the summertime. It'll burn too quickly.
  • I'm not sure who invented those "water misters" that keep patio's 20deg cooler then the surrounding area, but whoever it was, they should give them a medal.
  • Around here in the summertime, you'll often see fair skinned people walking around with open umbrella's. And even though there's not a cloud in the sky, nobody thinks that's a strange thing to do.
  • All in all, after > 10 years of living here, I long for the days of living back east, and dealing with snow............ PSYCHE! You guys are so easy :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Datanet
My Datanet