Slice Of Life

Slice Of Life, is a Weblog (BLOG) that I write, in which I try to tell some sort of story about something, or someone in my life. Sometimes it's happy, sometimes not, sometimes informative, sometimes...... HA, gotcha, did ya think that I was going to say not? Don't know me very well, do ya? :=) I will try to update the BLOG from time to time, whenever I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

My personality is outgoing, I use to be a wallflower, until I realized that it was all the outgoing people that were having the most fun. It was a tough conversion, but nobody I know today would even remotely consider me to be a wallflower. Basically, when I was young, my parents taught me that if you work hard, you can accomplish anything. I haven't quite found the "anything" part to be always true, but it has inspired me to always try to do, and be, my best.

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Been Bowling Lately?

Our department had our quarterly team builder function this week. For those unaware, every quarter, each department holds an off site activity, to build teamwork. I like to refer to it as “Have Fun And Get Paid Function”.This time, we went bowling! Great fun, but all I can say is that I’m glad that intel’s future DOES NOT depend on Process Engineers “bowling skills”, otherwise, the company might as well declare bankruptcy right now J We went over to Kyrene Lanes, which is < ¼ mile from my house, so I went by the house, and oicked up my “gear”. Up, I’ve got the Ball, the shoes, and yes, even a bowling towel. I had to endure the expected “Pro Bowler Tom” jokes from my “friends”, but I gathered they were just jealous of my cool shoes, since they all were wearing those funky pschadelic “rental” shoes. Anyway, I was really looking forward to goofing on the Group Leaders, and especially the Department manager’s bowling skills, since he can really take a joke, but he was too smart for me, and he coordinated everything, so he didn’t bowl. Drat, another comedy sketch opportunity lost….. sigh, oh well. Anyway, my first game was terrible, since I didn’t recall the “magic bowling technique” that I use to use, when I bowled in leagues every week. Let’s just say that the “technique” had to do with making use of an elixer combination of water, barley, and hopps. The second and third games went much much better, or maybe I just didn’t care as much? In any case, based on my observation of the relative skill levels of my fellow PE’s, all I can say to the rest of the PE’s in the department is…….. Don’t quit your day jobs :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Datanet
My Datanet