Slice Of Life

Slice Of Life, is a Weblog (BLOG) that I write, in which I try to tell some sort of story about something, or someone in my life. Sometimes it's happy, sometimes not, sometimes informative, sometimes...... HA, gotcha, did ya think that I was going to say not? Don't know me very well, do ya? :=) I will try to update the BLOG from time to time, whenever I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

My personality is outgoing, I use to be a wallflower, until I realized that it was all the outgoing people that were having the most fun. It was a tough conversion, but nobody I know today would even remotely consider me to be a wallflower. Basically, when I was young, my parents taught me that if you work hard, you can accomplish anything. I haven't quite found the "anything" part to be always true, but it has inspired me to always try to do, and be, my best.

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Isn't Home Ownership Fun?

So, this weekend, it appears that I get to be Mr. Landscaper. See, I have in ground sprinklers in my back yard, to take care of keeping the backyard grass alive. Last weekend, I noticed that when the sprinklers went off, one of them was shooting a stream of water straight up in the air ~ 20ft. Closer examination of the "pop up" sprinkler, revealed the sprinkler body was cracked. No problem, screw out the old body, remove the height riser from the old, screw it into the new, and screw the new body back into the underground pipe, done deal, right? 2 nights ago, when I was double checking the "water throw" distance of the new sprinkler, a second water jet sprung up in the middle of the lawn. Unfortunately, this one appears to have broken off at the riser. For those unaware, you can cut the riser to different lengths, and it is what is used to adjust the height of the sprinkler above ground. As best as I can tell, with a flashlight, there is still a piece of the riser jammed in the pipe connecter, and I can't reach down far enough with the needle nose pliers to get at it. Anyone here is Az knows what that means….. you have to dig. Hopefully, I can peel back the sod in one piece, dig down about 1 ft, and maybe needle nose out the riser pieces then, otherwise I'll have to cut and splice a new piece in (more digging). Sounds like fun huh? Did I mention I also noticed a leak in the front yard dribble system underground pipe? That's a digging situation too. I so remember living in apartments in NYC, where if something was wrong, you picked up the phone, and it got fixed. SIGH, I can say, that after owning the house now for 9 years, I sometimes long for those days of easy maintenance, and no bother, non-home ownership……….. PSYCHE….. I almost had ya there for a second, eh? Anyway, I hope that YOU all have a fun weekend :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Datanet
My Datanet