Slice Of Life

Slice Of Life, is a Weblog (BLOG) that I write, in which I try to tell some sort of story about something, or someone in my life. Sometimes it's happy, sometimes not, sometimes informative, sometimes...... HA, gotcha, did ya think that I was going to say not? Don't know me very well, do ya? :=) I will try to update the BLOG from time to time, whenever I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

My personality is outgoing, I use to be a wallflower, until I realized that it was all the outgoing people that were having the most fun. It was a tough conversion, but nobody I know today would even remotely consider me to be a wallflower. Basically, when I was young, my parents taught me that if you work hard, you can accomplish anything. I haven't quite found the "anything" part to be always true, but it has inspired me to always try to do, and be, my best.

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Onward And Upward

So, many of you already know, so I guess that it's not such a big announcement. I'm leaving my current job. Yup, it's true. I've been doing this Manufacturing Process Engineering stuff now for > 7 years, and fyi, that's a record for me. The previous record "time In job", was 6 Years, in the Robotics Engineering Dept of that Medical Instrument Company. I discovered that it's usually ~ 5 years until I either get bored with the job, or it drives me crazy. I let ya guess which one it was this time. Anyway, leaving is not so bad because..... I already have a new job.... In the same company! What... What....? I didn't actually say I was "quitting", I said I was "leaving my current job". (you guys are sooooo easy). In the past, when I started to go cra...... Ummmmm I mean decided to change jobs, I had to quit the company, but here, the company allows you to change jobs after being in your current job for 1 year. Cool huh? I think so too. I'm still going to be doing Process Engineering, but now it's going to be "Development" PE, instead of "Manufacturing PE". What's the difference? Development is Pure Research and Development, while Manufacturing PE has a secondary "Fab Sustaining" component. So now, it'll be all projects, new technologies, and most important..... No Manufacturing. That was the part that was really driving me..... Ummmmm I mean, that helped me make up my mind. Also, since the person taking over my current position, had it before, I don't need to train anybody, so my release date is.... 1 week from this Friday! The only thing is, I don't believe I will be able to send out my weekly beyond my group anymore, since everything over there is hush hush, Top Secret, so I'm going to have to do something about SOL. The best idea is, I think I'm going to convert it into a BLOG. What's a BLOG? If you are not "Cool Enough" to know, I can't help you, but maybe http//:dictionary.com can help :-) In any case, I expect SOL to live on in some form. After all, I can't disappoint all my fans, right? :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Datanet
My Datanet