Slice Of Life

Slice Of Life, is a Weblog (BLOG) that I write, in which I try to tell some sort of story about something, or someone in my life. Sometimes it's happy, sometimes not, sometimes informative, sometimes...... HA, gotcha, did ya think that I was going to say not? Don't know me very well, do ya? :=) I will try to update the BLOG from time to time, whenever I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

My personality is outgoing, I use to be a wallflower, until I realized that it was all the outgoing people that were having the most fun. It was a tough conversion, but nobody I know today would even remotely consider me to be a wallflower. Basically, when I was young, my parents taught me that if you work hard, you can accomplish anything. I haven't quite found the "anything" part to be always true, but it has inspired me to always try to do, and be, my best.

Friday, September 10, 2004

The First Week

I started the new job this week. So far, so good. I have a new toolset to learn, but technologically speaking, it doesn't seem to be anything beyond my capabilities. I like to use the comparison of a Baker, who has baked bread all their lives, and now gets assigned to bake cakes. Sure, cakes are not bread, but basically, it's all Flour, Sugar, Butter and Eggs. Same thing. It's still Process Engineering, just done in a different way, on a different tool. Plus, these folks seem to be very cool. The Group as a whole has treated me with open arms. The guys even took me out for a "Teambuilder Lunch", and the place even had live lunch time entertainment. Pretty cool huh? I also noticed that the Group overall seems to have a sense of humor that is WAY off in Left Field, and warped way off center. In other words....

I think I'm going to fit right in :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your SOL is interesting (most of the time). I'm glad Kevin still forwards them to me. Being a native Arizonian I particularly found "rain, rain and more rain" entertaining and it brought back some childhood memories of spending my summers in Phoenix. You're right. I don't think any rainstorm here in California can ever compare with the lightning storms in Arizona.

September 13, 2004 1:13 PM  
Blogger TomH said...

Thanks for the comment, welcome to my BLOG. KevinB told me he had an "outside" dis list, you must be one of those. I'm glad you made "the transition". Per chance are you one of the fans who worked for the "Alphabet Network", or "The Mouse With A People Trap"?

:-)

TomH

September 13, 2004 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Datanet
My Datanet